FUNCTIONAL PRODUCTS, INC. offers a variety of polymer additives that positively affect the performance of grease. The interaction of polymers in grease is more complex than the thickening polymers confer to base oils. Our specialty polymer additives form an interpenetrating physical network with the grease soap to greatly improve the performance of the grease: increased shear stability, enhanced water spray-off and thicker grease.
How do Polymers Improve Grease?
The polymer forms an interpenetrating network with the grease soap matrix by chemical bonding, entanglement or an amorphous crystalline reinforcement. The result is improved functional properties and a robust appearance.
- Table: Polymer Additives for Grease
- Technical Note: Polymer Additives for Improvement of Water Spray-off
- Presentation: Calcium Sulfonate Water Spray-off Improvement
- Paper: The Adhesiveness of Grease
- Article: TLT Grease Additives
- Table: Grease Properties and Applications by Thickener
- Paper: NLGI 2011 CA meeting